Attending UIST 2017
(by Sep 10, 2017)
(by Oct 20, 2017)
|ACM / SIGCHI Member||$595||$695||$795|
Children and Care Givers
When you register yourself, you can also register children and/or a care giver (for yourself or for the child).
- Children (USD 10) — registered children are welcome to attend any UIST event, including the Demo Reception and the Conference Banquet. No drink tickets will be included with child registration. You do not have to register your child, of course, but if you want to bring them to any of the events, they have to be formally registered so that they are covered by the ACM insurance.
- Care Givers (USD 50) — this registration category is for people providing care to the conference attendees with impairments or to the chidren of conference attendees. It grants the person access to all events (including the Demo Reception) except the Tuesday night Banquet. No drink tickets will be included with the care giver registration. If you would like your care giver to attend the Banquet, you will be able to purchase an additional Banquet ticket when you register your care giver.
Additional Demo Reception and Banquet Tickets
If you would like to bring additional people (friends, colleagues, etc.) to the Demo Reception on Monday night (held at the hotel) or to the Conference Banquet (held at the Museum of Fine Arts of Quebec), you can purchase additional tickets during the registration process. An additional ticket to the Demo Reception costs USD 50 and to the Conference Banquet USD 60.
Cancellations requests submitted by Friday Oct 6, 2017 will receive a full refund (minus credit card charges). Cancellations received from October 7, 2017 through October 20th, 2017 will be charged a 50% cancellation fee. No refunds will be given after October 20th, 2017.
Attending both ACM UIST and AAAI HCOMP
There is no discount for registering for Both ACM UIST and AAAI HCOMP. If you want to attend both conferences, you need to register for each of them separately.
On Wednesday, Oct 25, UIST and HCOMP sessions will be open the the attendees of either conference. On that day only, UIST attendees will be able to attend HCOMP talks without registering for HCOMP (and HCOMP attendees will be able to attend UIST sessions).
The Association for Computing Machinery does not issue formal invitation letters for visas. We can however issue a visa support letter.
For visa support letters, please send all requests to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name and mailing address as it appears on your passport.
- The name of the conference you wish to attend.
- Registration confirmation number.
- If you are the author of any papers accepted for the conference, please provide the title.
- Email Address or Fax number
Those requesting a letter should allow 7-10 business days to receive it. If you do not receive your visa support letter in a timely fashion, please let the registration chairs at email@example.com know, so that we can follow up with appropriate action.
UIST 2017 will be held at the Hilton Quebec City, located at the outskirts of the old town. The hotel has beautiful views of the city and is just minutes away by foot from restaurants, cafes and sights.
The Demo Reception will be held on Monday night at the hotel. The Conference Banquet will be held on Tuesday night at the Museum of Fine Arts of Quebec. The work submitted to the Student Innovation Contest will be exhibited during the Conference Banquet.
We have a number of rooms at the Hilton at a special rate of CDN 219 per night. Complementary standard WiFi is included. To receive the special room rate, use this custom reservation page.
Attending with Family
We welcome children and their care givers at UIST. Please see the Registration section if you plan to bring the child and/or care giver to any of the UIST events.
We are not planning to provide child care this year, but we have some ideas for making it easier for parents to find trustworthy child care. Stay tuned for more info. Join the Parents of UIST facebook group to connect with other participants attending with children and to get latest kid-related updates from conference organizers.