UIST '97 Hotel Information
Banff Park Lodge
222 Lynx Street
Banff, Alberta, Canada T0L 0C0
North American Toll-free: 1-800-661-9266
Fax: +1 403-762-3553
- Single/Double Rooms CA $105 per night
- Single/Double Rooms CA $267 per night
Room rates are quoted in Canadian Currency, are net non-commissionable and are subject to the 5% Alberta Room Tax and the 7% Goods and ServicesTax. Convention rates are extended to delegates 2 days prior to and 2 days following the official dates of the conferences, on a space available basis.
Banff Park Lodge accepts the following methods of payment: cash, credit cards such as Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diner's Club, Enroute.
Reservations should be made by Friday, August 29, 1997 to receive the conference room rates.
The nearest airport is in Calgary, about a two hour drive from Banff. There are several possibilities for getting to Banff Park Lodge.
- If you rent a car at the airport, parking will be available for you at Banff Park Lodge.
- Laidlaw Airporter runs two daily buses to Banff, one at Noon and one at 3:00 pm. Cost is $32 CA, one-way. Reservations should be made at (403) 762-9102.
- Brewster Airporter runs three daily buses to Banff, at 12:30 pm, 3:30 pm, and 6:00 pm. Cost is $34 CA, one-way. Reservations should be made at (403) 762-6767.
- Banff Airporter runs six daily buses to Banff, at 8:30 am, 10:30 am, 2:30 pm, 4:30 pm, 8:00 pm, and 10:00 pm. Cost is $30 CA one-way, $55 CA round trip. Call (888) 449-2901.
- UIST is considering hiring transportation for other times. But, we can only do this if we have 36 people signed up for a particular departure time. Cost is $25 CA, one-way. If you are interested in this, please indicate so on your UIST registration form, along with your estimated time of arrival.